Squarespace 6 For Dummies
Learn from a whole new perspective.
Buy it at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, & iBooks Store.
Squarespace 6 For Dummies provides helpful, step-by-step instructions to every aspect of building your site using Squarespace as your online publishing solution.
This book is for anyone — a current Squarespace customer or someone signing up for their first Squarespace website.
Squarespace 6 For Dummies will help you get through the ins and outs of building and managing absoluetly awesome websites, e-commerce stores, and blogs using Squarespace.
Become your own web designer using simple-to-style templates and Layout Engine, a revolutionary feature that makes it easy to create a site that works great on both desktops and mobile devices.
About the Book
Turn your ideas into a terric website, store or blog — just add Squarespace and the book!
- Why Squarespace is cool — save steps by keeping everything online and build a site with drag-and-drop ease
- Get going — choose a template, sign up for a Squarespace account, and begin adding your content
- Give it style — start with a professionally designed template, adding your own unique style of colors, fonts, and images
- Know your purpose — plan your site and choose the page type designed for a page, blog, gallery, event listing, or products to sale
- Building blocks — create content, add multimedia, establish navigation, and automate updates with Squarespace blocks
- Open for business — use Squarespace Commerce to set up an online store that’s easy to manage and promote
- Monitor activity — see how many people come to your site, where they came from, and what content is most popular
- Managing on the go — update your blog, capture your ideas, and share your galleries with Squarespace’s free mobile apps
Get the book and find:
- How to sign up for your first Squarespace site
- Tips for painlessly managing an e-commerce store
- Detailed explanations of all site features and settings
- Advice on choosing fonts and colors
- Ways to customize site elements
- How to include content from social media accounts
- Ten features of a good website
- Examples of how to make money with your website
Table of Contents
I. Getting Started with Squarespace
- Chapter 1: What Squarespace Can Do for You
- Chapter 2: Getting Ready to Build Your Website
- Chapter 3: Signing Up
- Chapter 4: Getting Around Squarespace
II. Designing Your Website
- Chapter 5: Considering Your Template Needs
- Chapter 6: Web Design 101
- Chapter 7: Customizing with Style Editor
III. Building Your Website
- Chapter 8: Squarespace Page Types
- Chapter 9: Creating Pages in Your Site
- Chapter 10: Building Pages with Items and Blocks
IV. Personalizing Your Website
- Chapter 11: Creating Content with Content Blocks
- Chapter 12: Adding Multimedia with Content Blocks
- Chapter 13: Navigating with Structure Blocks
- Chapter 14: Automating Updates with Social Blocks
V. Extending Your Website
- Chapter 15: Configuring Site Manager Settings
- Chapter 16: Monitoring Site Activity
- Chapter 17: Setting Up Shop With Commerce
- Chapter 18: Going Out With Squarespace
VI. The Part of Tens
- Chapter 19: Ten Features of a Good Website
- Chapter 20: Ten Ways to Attract Attention
- Chapter 21: Ten Ways to Make or Save Money